Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Rings!



Here's a video of a live performance of the Rings at the Arizona State Fair in 2019.  I'm learning about the different types of videos that seem to be effective on YouTube and this is not one of them.  

Magic videos that get the most views, likes, etc. are ones that show people reacting to effects.  They are basically the performer saying, "Look, watch...", and then Magic happens, followed by screams and expressions of astonishment.  Another type of magic video that seems effective is one that shows the performer (or just the hands) doing visually beautiful and seemingly impossible effects for the camera.  This is called "eye candy" magic which I for one very much enjoy.  I've been watching numerous videos of young, highly skilled magicians and have enjoyed being fooled badly.  It's very inspiring!  

Since the shutdown (it's been 3.5 months since my last live performance), I've been learning to record and edit videos for my clients, YouTube channel, this blog, and for promotional purposes.  Stay tuned to see my efforts to create new types of magic videos of my work.  Your comments are appreciated.  Thanks for following my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment