Monday, June 6, 2011

April Highlights

Two notable events in April...

I performed at a men's invitational golf tournament at an exclusive north Scottsdale country club, and now the men's locker room has a card on the ceiling!  The event went well, I loved performing for the creme de la creme crowd of gentlemen, and at the end of the evening my host said there were a few guys in the locker room who wanted to see me.  I went in and started my stuff, but these guys didn't want the BS presentation, and at several points they would burn my hands and tell me to cut the crap.  They were "busting my chops" so to speak.  Finally, the oldest gent challenges me to "put a card on the ceiling!"
My host / boss gave me the OK and I went for it.  It was a steep vaulted ceiling, about 20 feet high. He signed a card, shuffled it back in the deck, and after I banded the pack, he says, "Now you need a thumb tack!"  I said that was the old fashioned way and now we just use magic... I stepped back and gave the deck a good toss... Bamm!  The card stayed!  And I caught the deck on its descent in a fancy step.  The old guy at the table went nuts, banging on the table with both fists and squealing in delight like a school boy.  As if this wasn't enough, I borrowed a c-note, he signed it, and it disappeared!  Then I finished with the cups and balls and produced 4 lemons... he picked one... we cut it open and inside was the signed bill!  The guys went wild and the best part... the boss was there to see the whole set!  It was a great way to end a good night of work!

Another unique, beautiful party in April, during the full moon weekend, was a 125th Birthday Party at the El Churro restaurant on Lincoln, outside on the east patio.  The lady who hired me was turning 75 and her son was turning 50, so they were doing a combined 125th!  I love it when people think of fun ways to celebrate.  About 75 people, family and friends, and I filled the tables with lots of magic.  The kids were following me around through the evening adding to the fun.  Everyone seemed to have a great time.  It was a very fine occasion on a beautiful, moonlit desert, April evening!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment